Monday, February 23, 2009

Firehawk Modifications Begin

I haven't added much of anything to the website about my other car.  Its a '95 Pontiac Firehawk.  Most of you will recognize this as a limited edition Firebird.  Mine is a LT1, 6-speed, "two on the left" SLP exhaust, black exterior, graphite interior and all stock when I bought it.
 
Its ready for a new clutch, so I've bought a F1 Stage 3 clutch and pressure plate.  While its up on my new lift, its getting SLP stainless headers and rear lower control arm relocation brackets.
 
I've also got LT4 full roller rockers, LT4 knock sensor and I may fab up a custom torque arm mount to get the load off the tranny. 
 
In stock form on 245 Nitto drag radials, it ran 13.65@101 with a pretty bad 60'.  If I can hook it without tearing out the rearend, I'm hoping to get it to run a 12.999 in good weather. 
 
Stay tuned and find out if I'm successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home