Saturday, February 28, 2009

Firehawk Mods Update

I've been sneaking in a little time here and there this week on the Firehawk. Man, I love having a lift in the shop! Sure beats lying under the car and pulling a tranny on a floor jack.

I got a good bit of time in on it today and the new clutch is in, the tranny is re-installed and the headers are bolted in as well. But I ran out of time and didn't quite get it all finished up. I still need to re-route a couple plug wires to clear the headers and weld up the y-pipe to the front of the converter.

While the alternator is off, I'll probably go ahead and throw the LT4 rockers on it, even though I'd rather drive it with the headers only to see what difference they made.

I also noticed that the rear of the torque arm had started to crack, so I degreased that and welded it up. Might save up for a tubular torque arm at some point, but we'll see how the stocker holds up for now.

Beech Bend opens up next weekend, so maybe I'll get some runs in on the new setup before long. But I really need to stop playing with the street car and get the Nova ready for race season. Hopefully I'll be out testing in it on the 28th at I-40 Dragway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home