Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Late Winter Mods

The first round of modifications to the Firehawk were completed a little over a week ago. So far, I'm taking it easy on the new stage 3 clutch to let it break in, so I really can't comment much on the power increase from the SLP headers. But it sure is nice to be able to drive the car and not smell like a burnt clutch anymore.

I've started on the conversion to rack-n-pinion in the Nova. I ordered 4130 chrome-moly tubing and plate from Aircraft Spruce to make the tubular subframe cross members and rack mounting.

My new headers are being made by Wildman Racing in Northern Ohio. Joe is doing a great job and should have the new pipes to me late next week. Can't wait to try them out.

Dad's '57 is coming along nicely. We lowered it last week and now it looks like a real hot rod. The front end is on the car, as is the front bumper and some more trim. Before we know it, it'll be ready for the road! Finally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home